Collection and use of data
- MSG Tours can obtain personal data from you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, email and your credit/debit card details in order to make payment and confirm the booking) from a number of different sources:
- When you search for or request details on services or holidays from our Website, or if you supply us with your details when discussing matters over the telephone to us, or if you submit a request for details to be provided to you by mail or email.
- When you complete and submit a booking on the Website or by telephoning MSG Tours, together with any applicable methods of payment.
- We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we may operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- MSG Tours needs your name, address and/or email address so that it can send out information to you and advise you of special offers and promotions it thinks may be of interest to you. MSG Tours also requires this information about you, and others included in your group, in order to complete bookings made with it for your travel or other arrangements.
- In order to complete your booking, MSG Tours will also need to collect information about you, and others included in your group, to pass to ground handlers and other third parties (eg, relevant hotels, excursion or tour operators, resorts, vehicle hire companies and/or public authorities such as customs or immigration, etc) for the purposes of confirming your booking. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as information relating to disabilities, dietary requirements and/or religious beliefs. This may involve the transfer of information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by providing MSG Tours with this information you provide your consent (and the consent of those included in your group) to transfer such information out of the EEA. If you are travelling to the United States, the US Customers and Border Protection will receive this information for the purposes of preventing and combating terrorism and other transnational serious crimes. The information collected may include, but is not exclusively limited to, details such as your name, your address (in order to send the confirmation invoice and any relevant travel documentation to you), your email address and telephone number (if MSG Tours needs to contact you about your booking urgently), and the same details of those in your party.
- You have the right to ask MSG Tours not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by MSG Tours. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, and any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet MSG Tours’ costs in providing you with details on the personal data we hold about you.Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 clicked on an advertisement on the Website on any given day). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets).
- MSG Tours operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and any amendments thereto.
You may at any time unsubscribe to receiving information from MSG Tours by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to email@example.com
If you have any questions or concerns about the information MSG Tours holds about you, you may email MSG Tours at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may write to MSG Tours at MSG Tours Limited, Marble Hall, Nightingale Road, Derby, DE24 8BG, UK.