Ambitious, energetic and thriving #travel brand expands business with
finance role commencing in Q1 2020.
Location: Derby, DE24 8BF
Contract: Full time (up to 40 hours per week, Mon to Fri)
Salary: Negotiable – subject to experience.
Start: Q1 2020 or subject to the candidate.
Perks: Free breakfast, lunch & fresh fruit every working day. Flexible working hours
ASSISTANT FINANCE MANAGER
We’re seeking an assistant finance manager to help deliver our portfolio of ski, sport, supporters and study travel packages to our Company’s exceptionally high standards. Reporting to and working alongside the Managing Director and current Finance Manager (due to go on three-month maternity leave June-Aug), the candidate will support the daily operations of our fast-paced business. The successful applicant will be numbers-focused, organised, demonstrates a high attention
to detail and has an appreciation of the travel industry.
The role entails monitoring the business from a financial and commercial perspective, incorporating bookkeeping, producing legal documentation and auditing. There is also an opportunity to cover some of the Finance Manager’s responsibilities whilst on Maternity Leave.
In exceptional circumstances, we may consider a part-time role.
• Managing the purchase ledger
• Processing supplier payments (in various currencies)
• Processing foreign exchange activity and working to conversion targets
• Knowledge of VAT regulations
• Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Managing grant funding from application to delivery
• Applying for insurance renewals annually
• Working alongside directors to manage strategic planning
• Supporting Finance Administrator
• Assisting Finance Manager on management duties
• Liaising with and assisting Operations Manager
• Training existing staff on financial systems
- High attention to detail
- Commercial acumen
- AAT qualified
- FX experience
- Knowledge of accounting software (Xero)
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to learn and develop
- Experience of accounting in prior roles
This is an exciting opportunity to expand your knowledge in finance and the tour operating industry.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 24th January 2020.
Send your CV or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com
NB: Attracting talent to our business remains at the forefront of MSG. This role may not be for you, but don’t let that stop you from showcasing your potential. We’ll find the right hours for the best people. Don’t let a 40h p/w role put you off if your life balance requires a role with less commitment.