Rugby Tour to Spain
Sports Tour Overview
Thomas’s Clapham travelled to the Basque region in March 2018 to sample French and Spanish culture, putting their rugby skills to the test against strong opposition in an area steeped in rugby tradition.
They split time between utilising the stunning beaches of San Sebastian for training sessions before playing three fiercely competitive fixtures against physical French rivals, which worked on their resilience and team spirit.
Away from the rugby, Thomas’s were able to soak up Basque tradition and culture both in a sporting a non-sporting context. They put hand-eye coordination and reflex skills whilst trying the traditional Basque game of Pelota before watching a local soccer derby in La Liga between Eibar and Real Sociedad. They were also lucky enough to witness professional rugby at its highest level when watching the European Challenge Cup Quarter Final at the Stade du Hameau.
It was not all sport for the pupils. They were able to spend time in wonderful places such as Bordeaux, Bayonne, Bilbao and San Sebastian where they had the opportunity to visit the world-famous Guggenheim Museum, take a trip to the Dune de Pyla (Europe’s tallest sand dune) and enjoying each other’s company before returning home to London.
Sports Tour Highlights
Our top picks ✅
- Learn about pelota✅
- Watch professional pelota fixture
- Three games
- Training sessions✅
- Watch Bayonne’s professional team training at Stade Jean Dauger✅
- Watched European Challenge Cup Quarter Final at Stade du Hameau
- Explored Bilbao
- Visited Guggenheim Museum
- Watched a local derby match between Eibar and Real Sociedad
- Trip to Dune de Pyla (Europe’s tallest sanddune)
Sports Tour Benefits
- Improved motivation ✅
- Developing a sense of adventure✅
- Appreciation of other cultures✅
- Learning about new places and cultural traditions✅
- Establishing a group identity✅
View other case studies here
Booking a Rugby Tour to France and Spain
We can help you plan an outstanding Rugby tour. Get in touch and start planning your sports tour today – all our trips are bespoke and you can tailor itineraries to your curriculum needs and budget.